Monday, December 26, 2011

Fill in the gap...

Today is December 26, 2011 and I have not written since October hence the title of this blog. I really must get better at this blogging. So what has happened since then?

November we had a great Thanksgiving with loads of family and friends. The Fennells, The Terry, and the Rattleys got together in Maryland and ate dinner at Regina's house. How did this happen you may ask. Well long story short: Darius and I were the first of the children to get married on both sides of the family so we started doing Thanksgiving together as two units. Then what happened next gets tricky. My best friend of 25 years oldest sister is dating my brother in law....so the 3 families decided to lump together for Thanksgiving and it was a blast and lots of food.

December brought us lots of joys and first. We anxiously awaited the 12th of this month to find out what the sex of our third child would be. Darius and I both were pretty sure it was a boy, but our family had other hopes and prayers. We arrived at the ultrasound ultimately just wanted to know that our baby was healthy with all fingers, toes, cells, and healthy organs, but little did we know the ultimate surprise awaited us. The ultrasound tech looked at everything and told us the baby was perfect, so we were a little confused when she asked us if we wanted to know the gender and then took a very long pause. She moved the device around and looked and looked and it was the longest few minutes of silence ever for me. Then she spoke"well I just wanted to make sure I was right before I told you what it was" and then more silence...IT'S A GIRL. I smiled and then laughed, then I am sure a little tear came out the side of my eye and then I just kept saying " Are you serious." Darius was in shock...he really did not say anything...then he smiled, laughed, did a fist pump, and we both were just very very happy. I did not think the joy could be anymore til we got outside and Darius started crying after he finished telling friends and family in the parking lot. He really wanted a girl and was so happy in love with a child he had not even met yet. His reaction was so touching and so emotional right then I knew he would be the best daddy a girl could ever have.

As if that was not enough excitement. Kyle was in his first Christmas play ever. He played a sheep in his schools play. He was the cutest sheep ever. He made us all very proud. He was singing and clapping and pretty much the most animated sheep I have ever seen. :)
This month we also celebrated our first Christmas in our new home. It was a great Christmas. Darius was sick for most of the day but some how it still turned out to be great. I started a new tradition this year of writing everyone Christmas letters. I think it will be so fun to go back and read when the kids are older. It was the only way I could think to capture my heart felt feelings on paper at least once a year. I mean I guess there is this blog but I have not done so good with that have I? For dinner we had baked chicken, ham, cheesy potato casserole, and green beans. The boys received a ton of gifts from family and friends. We were all feeling so very blessed. Our family tradition is to only get the boys 3 gifts a piece and the same for each other sometimes less when it comes to Darius and I. This year we actually stuck to that. :)

It's the last week of the year and we are so glad to be spending it all home together. Darius is off til the new year and we will all be able to spend time together, play games, go places, and take naps. Hopefully I will be much better at this thing called blogging and blog at least once or twice a week. Til next time...



.

No comments:

Post a Comment