Monday, January 9, 2012

Cleaning


Cleaning...it has to be done everyday it seems. I am home with my children so it would seem like getting it done would be a very easy task. Not!!! Trying to find a time to clean the bathrooms when my boys don't want to help spray the solution, or mop the kitchen floor when they are not going to go in there and slip around, or vacuuming when someone is not sleeping is almost impossible, but some how with the help of my OCD I do manage to get it done.

I had dreams about getting this great schedule together where everyday I would pick a different room and clean it or pick a different chore and needless to say that did not happen. I tend to be an all or nothing girl, so I prefer to just get up and go from top to bottom in one day. This works well for me. I put on those ugly sweatpants and that too big sweat shirt (well it actually fits pretty snug now that I am preggers) and I get to work.

Now you may ask how many times a week do I have to do this top to bottom cleaning. I answer only once. The key for me is straightening up daily so that things don't get to out of hand. I must admit though now that I have a third child on the way I do wonder how I will continue to keep a clean house.

What do you mommas do to make sure your home stays clean? Share your ideas with us all.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing as you, Sherrie. Baggy sweatpants & all. Unfortunately, during the crazier weeks I miss out on the top to bottom & have a little more mess the next week. Sigh, I would love to have a housekeeper do the thorough cleaning twice a month so I could just do the day to day clean-up for the most part. But that is pretty much just a dream :)

    ReplyDelete