Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Blank Page

I saw this today and immediately laughed. Let me start off by saying that I did not start this year off with any great anticipation of anything exciting happening or with some big party, honestly I was sleep by nine and woke up the next morning forgetting to even say Happy New Year. You see every since September of 2012 life has kind of been a world wind and a blur. My oldest started school, I sort of do a little home school with my middle son, and the baby well it's a constant day of sleep, breastfeed, diaper and that is my life every day. The weekends do present a little relief as my husband is home and can be a second set of hands  and really hilarious adult conversation and fun but usually aside from a family outing the day is the same. So the new year for me kind of just follow the same ole pattern.

I have read so many facebook pages with so many big plans and dreams for the new year and I have thought that is so nice, or wow, or man one day, and then I saw this picture on someones page and I thought not only is today the first blank page but everyday is a new blank page. When I wake up every morning it is a different day. As a stay at home mom it is very hard to remember this because there is no work agenda, big meeting, or daily email that reminds you today is different from yesterday. It all seems like it runs together. Wake up, wash face, breakfast, take kids to school, feed baby, lunch, feed baby, dinner, feed baby, read story, bed...wake up and repeat..lol. But it is a different day, a day to call a friend, send a card, write my husband a love letter, play a game that my kids have not played., do a new workout, try a new recipe. There are so many different things that I could do everyday.

So even as I sit here writing I did not do anything extradordinary today, but I am going to purpose in my heart to do a little something special every day this year because everyday is new and presents a new opportunity for me to add to the story of my life, my families life, and a friends' life. What will you write on your page today?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really sure what goes on today's page, but I love the idea of writing one page a day and making it good!

    ReplyDelete